The Sonos is a technology device that everyone loves. However, your job does not always work as well as you would like. In this case, resetting the Sonos speaker is an effective solution.
If you are looking for information on how to reset Sonos speakers to do it yourself, do not skip this article. Below, we have compiled ways to reset some of the most popular Sonos on the market.
The basic steps still go as follows:
- Unplug the power cord.
- Press “Join” while reconnecting the power cord
- Keep doing this until the indicator light comes on.
- To finish, the light will turn green.
The article will provide detailed steps for you. Let’s check it out!
What is a Sonos Speaker and How Does It Work?
Before learning how to reset Sonos speaker wifi, you need to understand its characteristics and how it works clearly.
Sonos speaker is a wireless speaker system with a simple, impressive design that allows you to listen to music anywhere in the house.
With this type, you won’t have to worry about speakers with complicated multi-conductor designs anymore. As a result, this product is more convenient and valuable, contributing to a great listening experience for you.
Some use wireless technology to connect via a Wifi system. Your task is to connect it to wifi and open online music players from many popular music platforms such as Spotify, Amazon Music, and Apple Music Besides. You can also listen to podcasts and other audio such as audiobooks on this one.
In particular, there are many product models of Sonos speakers with different designs, features, and prices currently on the market. Therefore, you have more choices to buy the most suitable product.
Why Do You Need To Reset The Sonos Speaker?
Like all technology, in some cases, your Sonos speaker may have problems, or it may not even work at all. At that time, you need to reset the device to connect and use the product better.
In addition, in case the device’s connection and the system are not compatible, causing the machine to fail, you also need to reset it. Then it is the best solution to erase data and incompatible connections.
As a result, the Sonos will become like a new one, and you need to connect to the system the first time for it to work correctly.
However, it would help if you kept in mind that when you reset this type, it is possible that all data can be lost, and you need to take time to back up first.
How To Reset Sonos Speaker?
How to reset Sonos speaker bar is not too complicated, and you can completely do it. To help you simplify this job, we have compiled how to reset some popular models today. Let’s take a look at the following:
How To Reset The Sonos One
First, we’ll show you How to Reset the Sonos One, a basic model that’s been around for a long time. This Model process includes four basic steps as follows:
- Step 1: First, unplug the device’s power connection
- Step 2: Then, you need to press and hold the connect button of yours. This button is located on the back of yours. When you’re done, you need to continue attaching the speaker to the power source.
- Step 3: Continue to hold down the device’s connection button so that the speaker starts to flash white and amber, then stops.
- Step 4: You should wait for the indicator light to change to flashing green to know that you have been successful with the speaker.
Just by doing so, you can proceed with the One and some older models of this brand like Playbase and Play: 5 (gen-2)
How To Reset The Move
Next, let’s find out another Model of the speaker product line: How to Reset: the Move. To do this, you need to go through the following five steps:
- Step 1: First thing, you need to keep the device turned on but note that it must be disconnected from the power source in the house.
- Step 2: Next, you do the most and hold the power button for at least five seconds until yours turns off completely.
- Step 3: Then, you continue to press and hold the pairing button on the device. Note, this button will have an infinite math symbol. At the same time, you plug the plug again to connect the speaker to the power source.
- Step 4: When the plug is complete, you still have to press and hold the pairing button until the indicator light on the speaker flashes white and amber, then stop.
- Step 5: Your last task is to wait till light flashes green to determine whether the process has been successful or not.
How To Reset The Play 1
Another product model that we want to show you how to reset is the Play 1. This process also needs to be done in 4 simple steps as follows:
- Step 1: Surely, the first thing you need to do is unplug the power source to this device.
- Step 2: Next, to start performing, you need to press the button with a pause or play music. This button is usually located right on the top. Then, plug the device back into the wall power.
- Step 3: You continue to press and hold the pause button til the light on the display is blinking white and amber, then release.
- Step 4: Wait for the indicator light to flash green to confirm your procedure was successful. Then you reconnect the device to the system like the first time and use it usually.
In addition, you can also apply this process on some other speaker models such as Play: 3, Play: 5 (gen-1), Connect, Connect: Amp, and Playbar.
How To Reset: The Roam
Finally, let’s learn about resetting the Roam. The way on this device has some differences from the Move device that you need to note. Specifically, this process will include five steps as follows:
- Step 1: Make sure your device is on but be aware that you need to connect it to a power source. That is, you need to unplug it as well.
- Step 2: Then, you turn off the device by pressing and holding the power button for a minimum of 5 seconds.
- Step 3: Next, you need to perform two operations simultaneously: press and hold the play or pause button on the device, and the second operation is to find the power button on the back of the speaker to hold it.
- Step 4: You need to press and hold the pause or play button until the device indicator light flashes white and amber, then release
- Step 5: Then wait a few minutes for the flash to turn green, which means you How to Reset: the Roam has been successful.
As can be seen, all procedures are not too complicated, and you can do it quickly. Self-resetting the device saves you time and money in the process of using the product.
Moreover, the way to reset these models has something in common. However, for the most accurate and convenient operation, learn and determine the exact model of your device for the fastest and most effective procedure.
Frequently Asked Questions
Besides, to help you better understand the information related to Sonos speakers, we have compiled some frequently asked questions on this topic. You may also be interested in things like:
1. How long will it last?
As a technology product, it’s hard to say precisely how long a speaker can last because the product’s durability may depend on your use and maintenance.
If used correctly, a Sonos speaker can last up to 10 years. Therefore, the cost to invest in this product is worth it.
2. Why is Sonos flashing green?
Sonos speaker error displaying flashing blue is also a fairly typical case. This situation appears when you power on and start the device but have not connected it to the system in case you just bought the machine and started it for the first time.
Also, flashing green occurs for your old Sonos speaker when you reset the device and have not reconnected to the system.
3. Why is my Sonos speaker not connecting?
In case your device says no connection to Sonos, then you need to recheck your network settings. To do this, go to settings, select privacy, then choose a local network and allow access.
In addition, if the speaker forgot to turn on the power, failed to connect to the appropriate Wifi network, the device also reported this error.
Resetting the Sonos speaker is essential to keeping your device working correctly. In particular, resetting this device is not too difficult a problem.
Hopefully, with the information on how to reboot Sonos speaker we provided in this article, you can reset your device manually. Wish you have moments of great entertainment music with your Sonos speaker product.