If you’re looking to go the route, it’s super simple to sync your old speakers with Sonos. So, how to connect to Sonos speakers?
Here are the steps to connect to Sonos speaker to use, providing the ultimate experience of enjoying music and relaxing.
- Plug in your device
- Start the app
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- Set up
- Select your wifi network
- Enter the Wifi password
The following article provides detailed information for each step to help you make the connection quickly. Let’s dive into this article to get it clear!
What is a Sonos Connect?
If you need one of the speakers that helps amplify the sound, providing an extreme experience, then Sonos is one of the options you should consider.
The input is quite similar to Amp but without amplification skills. However, it is perfect for connecting to pre-amplified speakers or 3rd party amplifiers that your Hi-Fi system of choice uses.
Connect is the port for the older version of Connect Amp – the predecessor of Amp has quite a few updated versions. The internal amplifier includes 110 watts of stereo sound and the ability to produce 55 watts per channel.
Ports and connections are used with amplifiers, such as the CD player products you have used. These products are pretty helpful when connected to Sonos.
How to Connect a Sonos Speaker?
Steps to connect a speaker to your network:
- Step 1: You connect the Sonos speaker to the devices, wait a moment for the device to start up.
- Step 2: Users power on the Sonos application. After a few seconds of waiting, you will see the product display the “New Sonos device detected.”
- Next, select “Learn more” to move on to the next steps.
- Step 3: The user proceeds to follow the instructions on the screen. The app can give you suggestions about plugging in speakers.
- If you have done the above steps, select “Continue” for a while and the application to find the device connected to the network.
- Step 4: After the application has connected to the speaker, select “Product Setup” displayed on the screen.
- Step 5: Click “Set Sonos” on the Wifi network and select “Continue” to move to the next step.
- Step 6: Users can choose any Wifi network they often use, connect strongly, and click “Use network.”
- Step 7: Once you have completed the above steps, the device will be connected to a secure Wifi network.
So, with just a few simple steps, you can connect Sonos to Wifi and start resting and relaxing time with your favorite music, tunes, movies with relatives and friends.
You can check it out with the detailed video below:
What to do When Sonos Not Working
It is also a common phenomenon when buying a used one.
Here are four steps to help you reset the product:
- Step 1: Unplug if the speaker has a problem.
- Step 2: Click the “Join” on the remote. Depending on the device you use, there will be different icons. Generally, they will have an infinity icon combined with a two-way arrow.
For some older versions, the “Join” will not be displayed, but instead, you have to choose Play – if you want to play and Pause if you’re going to stop.
- Step 3: Users continue to hold down it until the device of the light changes from orange to white.
Once you notice that your device has changed color, release your hand right then.
- Step 4: If this device appears blue flashing light, you may need to repeat the above steps to reset the product since they are not yet connected and usable. Therefore, in the process, you should slow down slowly and make sure the network connection is stable so that the device can take advantage of its full use!
Can You Connect Outdoor Speakers to a Sonos Connect?
You can connect Sonos with other devices. However, you won’t be able to put in external connections, ports, or amplifiers unless you want your product to stop working quickly.
In general, for outdoor speakers, make sure you do your research on the right speaker wire to install.
Sonos makes operations more straightforward if you use it to provide architectural speakers. These are speakers that can be placed on the wall, ceiling, or outdoors. You can take advantage of TruePlay Tuning software.
You can also use up to six Sonance Architectural speakers for one amp. However, you should not try this with uncensored speakers of unknown origin if you do not want the Amp, speakers, or other components to get hot and damage occurs.
Useful Tips to Connect Sonos on Your Old Speakers
How to listen to music from your old speaker device? Every device is different, and they also have other connectors. Speaker wires are plugged into the connection holes, or you can use a plug with a more reliable, secure connection.
Each product is different, we cannot provide too much detail in the article. How to choose a product depends on your preferences and habits.
You should only consider this device as a device to help your sound quality best. At the same time, it also makes you relax and enjoy to the fullest, mainly when used for closed spaces, and starts to act like other speakers.
For example, if you used old Denon tower speaker cables for your room space, you could follow these steps:
- Step 1: Add a Port, Amplifier, Connect or Connect: Amp to the Sonos system through the app and name it “Living room.”
- Step 2: If you want to listen to any song, video on Spotify, Apple Music, Radio, or locally stored media, Sonos allows you to connect and use them efficiently.
Just like the other versions, you can make full use of them to create a diverse, multi-room sound source in a reasonably simple way.
An additional plus is that the devices all use line-in inputs. Therefore, you can take advantage of them to control your other versions. For example, users can connect CDs or recorders just by selecting Line in as the source in the app.
The Sonos Amp also has an HDMI port and works with the HDMI Arc port on your TV device. They allow users to create stereo setups with their room space.
The amp creates two front channels to deliver the perfect sound quality. Besides, you can also create a 4.1 surround sound system with Amp with devices and several third-party connection products that serve as the basis for rear sound.
How Many Old Speakers Can You Connect to a Sonos Connect?
Will users be able to use old devices? The answer is Yes.
However, this will require a bit of engineering and depends entirely on how powerful the speakers are. A simple setup is an L/R setup although you can add up to 4 speakers on both Connect, including the new Amp and Amp.
However, if you want to add more, you need to be careful not to overload things. In addition, you also need to use the appropriate volume control to allow the ability to switch on and off dynamically and keep everything in balance.
This article has shared with you the information on how to connect to Sonos speakers. Hopefully, our sharing will help you connect your device to other software and applications on your phone and TV.
If you find our articles valuable, don’t forget to share them with your friends. Each share is a great motivation for our team to continue creating the following great content. Thank you for reading!