The Denon AVR-S750H is the latest receiver from the highly reputable company, Denon. This model enhances their line of receivers with features that are brand new to this specific lineup, plus it has a few other features that will make your home theater stand out.
The Denon AVR-S750H review is a comprehensive and in-depth examination of this receiver. It will cover its key features, sound quality as well as pros/cons to see if it’s worth your money or not!
Denon AVR-S750H Overview
The Denon AVR-S750H is the perfect receiver for those who want to get the most out of their new 4K Ultra HD TV. With Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, it provides an unprecedented level of realism and immersion, making you feel like you’re right in the middle of the action.
It also features HLG, HDR10, BT.2020, Wide Color Gamut, and 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling for superior image quality. And thanks to its built-in Wi-Fi and Airplay capabilities, you can extend the reach of your music to any room in the house.
The Denon AVR-S750H is a powerful and versatile AV receiver that offers full voice control compatibility with Amazon Alexa. With award-winning on-screen setup assistance, the AVR-S750H is easy to set up and use, even for beginners.
6 HDMI ports (1 out) follow the latest revision to HDCP 2.3 specs, ensuring compatibility with the latest 4K Ultra HD TVs and HDR sources. The AVR-S750H also features Denon’s legacy of precision Japanese engineering, making it a must-have for any home theater system.
Denon AVR-S750H Reviews
Denon AVR-S750H is one of the latest version from Denon. Actually, there’s no big difference compared to previous models like Denon AVR-S550BT and S510BT, but as usual with a new model, there’re some extra features included such as Bluetooth connectivity and we can connect our iPhone or Android device via Bluetooth. There’s also a remote app which you can use to control your home cinema system.
Denon AVRS750H receiver delivers 7 channel sound with power rated at 95 watts per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz – 20 kHz). That means it has more than enough power to fill up a large room with crystal clear sounds even during most dynamic movie scenes. You can choose from a variety of sound modes such as rock, drama, sports, or cinema which will automatically adjust the sounds to that particular scene for you. In short, it’s a great receiver to have especially if you’re into home theatre for many years.
If you’re an audiophile and looking for a good sounding system for your home theater, then consider Denon AVR-S750H as it has clear and clean sound reproduction even during most dynamic movie scenes. The sounds are not too bright nor too dull but rather just right, so there’s no worry about being fatigued after long hours of a movie marathon.
This is because it comes with the latest Audyssey MultQ XT32 automatic room acoustic calibration which provides more accurate sounds with less noise. Add to that is the presence of all Dolby and DTS decoders such as DD Plus, TrueHD, and DTS-HD Master Audio which ensure you will get the best movie experience in your home theater. More than its audio quality, this receiver also has great connectivity, so it’s a good choice if you’re looking for a decent home cinema system.
As mentioned earlier, Denon AVR-S750H is an all-around receiver that is suitable for most home theater systems. It comes with built-in Bluetooth connectivity so you can stream your favorite music directly from your smart device. There’s also a remote control app available for iPhone and Android devices so you don’t have to bring out the bulky remote every time.
- Bluetooth connectivity with AAC and aptX allows you to stream music from your mobile devices or PC wirelessly via Bluetooth. You can also do that via a remote app on your smartphone or tablet.
- It has a simple user interface that is easy to use for beginners.
- Audyssey MultEQ XT32 automatically calibrates sound output according to the size of your room, so it will suit any environment.
- It supports multi-room audio thanks to its Party Mode which divides the receiver into two separate zones so you can enjoy different music in each zone at the same time.
- Airplay wireless streaming from iPhone, iPad, MacBook, etc is supported too. In short Denon AVR-S750H is a great home cinema receiver with cutting-edge features to ensure you will get the best sound quality and movie experience. Not only that, but it also has some useful features such as Bluetooth connectivity which allows you to stream sounds or music wirelessly from your mobile device or tablet via Bluetooth. The receiver also has some special sound presets according to the type of movie you’re watching which makes it even good for beginners because it will automate things like switching between 2 channel stereo mode and multi-channel surround mode by itself if needed during that particular scene on the TV. So no more fiddling around with sound settings is required at all compared to other high-end models in a similar price range.
This latest version from Denon is rated at 145 watts which is lower than older models such as AVR-S550BT which consumes around 170 watts although there’s not much difference in power rating between 705H & 750H models. Anyway, the good news is that regardless of its relatively high power consumption it comes with eco mode which will automatically reduce the power consumption after 20 minutes of inactivity, so it’s safe to say that it won’t increase your electricity bill much.
Pros & Cons
- 7 channel sound delivers more than enough power even for large room (95 watts RMS)
- Various connectivity including a USB port makes this receiver future-proof as many devices now come with USB type c or lightning connector, but not all cables are interchangeable yet. So having these ports will make life easier when you need to connect new devices.
- MultQ XT32 provides more accurate sounds compared to previous models such as AVR-S550BT or AVR-S510BT which is good if you’re an audiophile.
- Small body compare to AVR-S700W or AVR-1909 but still packed with many features that most av receivers don’t provide such as 2 subwoofer pre-out, 8 HDMI ports (most of it are the latest spec) plus Bluetooth connectivity.
- This is the first Denon receiver that has built-in Amazon Alexa voice control compatibility, so you can use your smart device to control the sound setting and switching inputs without having to remember too many remote codes (if you’re using harmony remotes like me).
- Not much difference between this model and previous models like S550BT apart from some changes on the user interface which is not really a big deal.
- Although it comes with a lot of features, some of the buttons are located in an awkward position which makes it uncomfortable to use for people with large hands.
- Although there aren’t any major issues so far, reliability is still unknown since only a few units have been sold so far(as at time writing).
Denon AVR-S750H is recommended for those looking for a good home cinema experience at a budget price. At first glance, it’s kinda small compared to some other models but there’s plenty of movie magic within this baby. The sound quality is excellent as long as you set it up correctly via Audyssey MultQ XT32 room acoustic calibration. In case you’re still doubting whether this is a good buy or not, then look no further as it comes with a 1-year warranty from Denon which shows that they have confidence in their products.